Skip to main content

SRD trip 15.6.09

So, it was 4am in the morning that I woke.
Took a cab to KLIA, charged a freaking RM80 (in the name of midnight ride, the driver claimed)
Reached KLIA in 30 mins, the driver was a racer in his previous life

Stay in the airport for good (dull) 2 hours before flight at 8.30am. Did not expect free meal with Fererro Roche in the plane. Wow, MAS service really does improved a lot, with the total ticket cost more than half of Air Asia's.


Reached Miri by almost 11, and next a cab to Dynasty Hotel. The stay was not bad, well, better than my experience in Oriental Hotel Penang..
12.30pm: Went for pre- srd briefing, meet an acquantaince, who happened to be my senior in Nottingham U. Took a cab to Piasau Camp together and also pissed a taxi driver off for ffk-ing a previous booking. Well, not entirely my fault, he called up quite late to confirm my booking. How can he call back to confirm at the same time I need to board a cab!

2-5pm: It's all about the SRD.. intro, briefing and some exercise regarding the tomorrow's event. Nothing much actually, many information can be obtain from their web but more sensitive (yet more interesting..) questions may be answered... erm, like salary, working style... and also gettinh to know the other participants. Also, met a friend who had attended the gourami pre-assesment in '08, here for SRD too.

7pm: Had dinner at a wet market near hotel, ordered chicken rice...sibeh salty, i guess must be Hakka territory here..lol. Went back after 30 mins and guess what, it felt like 12am in KL. Stand in the middle of the road and you won't be hit by a car. The town sleeps early (right after dinner wow). Will I survive the sanity of Miri lifestyle?

Silent night...

8pm: In my room now, watching TV and revising my stuff, waiting for midnight to come so I could sleep. Well, I can say that my room is not haunted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Test File

Office in Weekend= Library in Unim

Spend some of my weekend hours in the office. Nostalgically, this scenario reminds me back at the days when I visited the library. Spent the 1st 30 mins fiddling books, and the remaining hours chatting with friend, surfing internet while waiting for friends call to go for a short (like 40 mins) tea break outside the university. And now, I'm waiting for colleagues' call to head for cinema.. tickets bought already anyway. Life in Miri is much more easy going than in KL. Office is just 5 minutes away from my home, cinema/ town 15 minutes from office. No jam, more time, but lack of crazy funny stuff to do. Hope my boss don't see this... ahaha..just kidding but hey, isn't today Saturday?!

are you happy with your job

Are you happy with your job? Do you find yourself sighing or maybe swearing every morning you spread your arms waking up? Do you already feel sad on Sunday when you need to iron your clothes? And do you stare at the wall by your bed before sleeping on Sunday and mumbled 'here we go again'? I have been self demotivated at times thinking about my career. As a young and active graduate, I am impatient, eager, charged and so wanting to do something much more challenging in the working world. However, the role that I am assigned currently is a little reserved and pace keeping. I find myself dissatisfied for picking up things much slower than anyone else, even time catches up on me. It's a year already. I'm giving myself another period of time for the hope that things will change, get better or perhaps favors me. I admit I may be over ambitious at times but please don't kill it, I want to set to be somebody someday although I may not have the capability for such achieveme...