Skip to main content

Moments of 2009

Another 9 1/2 hours to welcoming a new year.

I must say that year 2009 is one of the most happening year in my life, at least up to now.

Completed my degree and this also denotes the 1st time since 7 years old that I don't need textbook/ thick reference book sticking on my hands most of the time...

Graduated...

Landed my first job as an engineer in Shell. I must say god must have blessed me 9 9. Thanks.. although it was too soon that I have insufficient time for my holidays.

Start receiving paychecks.. and it's a lot better than monthly allowances during university time.
At least I started contributing financially to my family, pay for my car, living and more freedom on spending. That's why I have yet saved any. Maybe dimes...

Got my 1st car. Although it's not the car that I aim to get, but I am satisfy that this underpowered, harsh, floaty, low-quality interior with crappy ICE car is bought at a very reasonable price and appears to be lasting (if you minus the rattle, suspension noise etc.).

With lousy ICE comes great spending for ICE. Previously, I'm not planning to keep the car for long. So instead of the plan to change the whole audio system, I add in an active subwoofer. Result is satisfactory as I need more bass in my car to offset high pitch (cause from car rattles...lolz kidding). Nah, the sound still suck since the head unit is still original plus I'm using a modulator and the car NVH is below par with Jap. Continentals are still good in NVH nevertheless.

It seems that most of the happening are more of necessities rather than wants. But I am thoroughly happy with the big change in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leisure Driving

I've just returned from driving around Miri. From Miri Airport bypass to Miri-Pujut road. I stopped by a bakery to ease my stomach after paying so much attention on the road. (maybe it's the brunch, not the drive..lol) When I returned home. I felt so wasted. The road is not twisty and I wasn't even in a fun hot hatch. I was doing a spirited driving in a TOWN CAR! Boring. If I were to be relocated back to KL someday, bet that I would get a car that I could appreciate the thrill of driving up to Genting once in a while for a short getaway from the city. Well, Miri aint city... there's no my claimed 'getaway' for me here. Nevertheless, my current car is a decent one, a nippy zippy town car. Just that sometimes it serves the wrong purpose. Tried hard to cope with my demand. lol. I'm not abusive of my car. I'm more of touge style that drag. I guess 2 more tyres are ready to go. In short, the car is here to stay although it did not really meet my expectation.

are you happy with your job

Are you happy with your job? Do you find yourself sighing or maybe swearing every morning you spread your arms waking up? Do you already feel sad on Sunday when you need to iron your clothes? And do you stare at the wall by your bed before sleeping on Sunday and mumbled 'here we go again'? I have been self demotivated at times thinking about my career. As a young and active graduate, I am impatient, eager, charged and so wanting to do something much more challenging in the working world. However, the role that I am assigned currently is a little reserved and pace keeping. I find myself dissatisfied for picking up things much slower than anyone else, even time catches up on me. It's a year already. I'm giving myself another period of time for the hope that things will change, get better or perhaps favors me. I admit I may be over ambitious at times but please don't kill it, I want to set to be somebody someday although I may not have the capability for such achieveme

Leaving the Comfort Zone

Picture courtesy of http://sweetanniesjewelry.wordpress.com/ There's only a few days to the end of my hotel stay, company car and free time in the company. Next week, I'll be living at Pujut 5, renting an empty room there. Getting own car, meaning the need to bear maintaneance cost, monthly repayment etc. And work wise, I think my boss is starting to hand some work. Gonna be involved in a Shell 'co-curricular' activities soon..ahahaha. You don't run away from extra work. Hahahaha! However, I'm still far from being crazily insufficient time like my fellow colleagues.. Guess I gotta be ready to step out of my comfort zone and work my career! I need motivation! As geeky as it sounds, I really need it...