Skip to main content

2010

2010 is here and it was the first time I greeted the new year with a damn long 6 hours hiccups (on and off)

So a new list of resolution should come along. Here is the initial resolution.

1. Start saving- in the previous years, I've been spending a lot with every amount I gained, whether as allowance or salary. Most of the money goes to my car as I opt for shorter and lower monthly instalment. Not to mention settling in a new place without sacrificing some of the basic comfort. But air con to come this year... well that's this year's story.

2. Start investing- doesn't have to mean that I have to start putting money into some funds or stock. This is the time for me to start leverage knowledge on how to make money work for me, at least to offset the inflation.

3. Career- I should set a clearer target of what I want to achieve and continue seeking what I would see myself down my career path. Been in the company for 4 months already and with new organization structure, I hope I can see a clearer path.

4. Stay healthy- well, that's for every year..ahahahaha, maybe less meat during the weekdays, exclusion for the weekends. Don't worry, I know god did not create me to be a vegetarian.

That's all I can think of right now. I am afraid of giving too much resolution that I can achieve. Lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leisure Driving

I've just returned from driving around Miri. From Miri Airport bypass to Miri-Pujut road. I stopped by a bakery to ease my stomach after paying so much attention on the road. (maybe it's the brunch, not the drive..lol) When I returned home. I felt so wasted. The road is not twisty and I wasn't even in a fun hot hatch. I was doing a spirited driving in a TOWN CAR! Boring. If I were to be relocated back to KL someday, bet that I would get a car that I could appreciate the thrill of driving up to Genting once in a while for a short getaway from the city. Well, Miri aint city... there's no my claimed 'getaway' for me here. Nevertheless, my current car is a decent one, a nippy zippy town car. Just that sometimes it serves the wrong purpose. Tried hard to cope with my demand. lol. I'm not abusive of my car. I'm more of touge style that drag. I guess 2 more tyres are ready to go. In short, the car is here to stay although it did not really meet my expectation.

are you happy with your job

Are you happy with your job? Do you find yourself sighing or maybe swearing every morning you spread your arms waking up? Do you already feel sad on Sunday when you need to iron your clothes? And do you stare at the wall by your bed before sleeping on Sunday and mumbled 'here we go again'? I have been self demotivated at times thinking about my career. As a young and active graduate, I am impatient, eager, charged and so wanting to do something much more challenging in the working world. However, the role that I am assigned currently is a little reserved and pace keeping. I find myself dissatisfied for picking up things much slower than anyone else, even time catches up on me. It's a year already. I'm giving myself another period of time for the hope that things will change, get better or perhaps favors me. I admit I may be over ambitious at times but please don't kill it, I want to set to be somebody someday although I may not have the capability for such achieveme

Leaving the Comfort Zone

Picture courtesy of http://sweetanniesjewelry.wordpress.com/ There's only a few days to the end of my hotel stay, company car and free time in the company. Next week, I'll be living at Pujut 5, renting an empty room there. Getting own car, meaning the need to bear maintaneance cost, monthly repayment etc. And work wise, I think my boss is starting to hand some work. Gonna be involved in a Shell 'co-curricular' activities soon..ahahaha. You don't run away from extra work. Hahahaha! However, I'm still far from being crazily insufficient time like my fellow colleagues.. Guess I gotta be ready to step out of my comfort zone and work my career! I need motivation! As geeky as it sounds, I really need it...